What we’re about
Family-owned and operated
We’ve been a small, Canadian owned and operated business since 1969.
Taking care of our team
We’re truly a family here at Rhéo Thompson’s and pride ourselves in taking care of our team members.
We offer a downtown workplace and benefits including a health spending account and an Employee Discount.
We make 152 varieties of chocolates and candies for customers to enjoy!
We’re committed to sourcing chocolate made with only sustainable cocoa. We also believe in using the best local ingredients whenever possible.
We are proud members of the Stratford community and are involved on many philanthropic levels with local initiatives.
We are seeking energetic and enthusiastic people from our community to join our growing team and continue the tradition of making one thing and doing that well, CANDY!
We hire Ambassadors for Rhéo Thompson Candies: people with a positive attitude and a professional manner with colleagues, customers, suppliers. We will train successful candidates for skills.
GIFT + MERCHANDISING CREATOR
Gift Design (80%)
- Design and construct gift items.
- Maintain detailed records of design instructions, as well as the number of units, number produced and sold, supplier information, wholesale and selling prices of packaging and gift inventory.
- Develop an annual inventory count and record as appropriate.
- Suggest ideas for new gift items.
- Assist the Retail Director by attending the gift show and recommending purchases by reviewing gift supplier publications.
- Determine prices and price reductions.
- Set up and attend to service customers at hospital displays, and wedding shows.
- Support the Phone, Order and Office Administrator with special orders received, i.e. weddings, Christmas, etc.
- Ensure custom orders are ready for delivery on time, within budget and to the customer’s expectations.
- When all products arrive, to unpackage, inspect and inventory.
- Develop an annual inventory count and record as appropriate.
- Plan, design and create store displays.
- Ensure appropriate signage is in place.
- Organize product storage for efficient access; maintain the supply to meet customer demand.
- Dismantle displays for seasonal change; oversee reorganization and maintenance of orderly store displays, inclusive of Valentines, Easter and Christmas displays.
- Assist in staff Orientation and Training as appropriate.
- Develop lists for staff assignments, and production sheets for review by Retail Director.
- Prioritize, coordinate workflow, and ensure daily work list is followed and completed by the end of each business day while balancing the priority of customer service through assisting where required.
- If any assignments are incomplete, advise the Retail Director.
- Follow the Retail Store operational procedures, and act as support/back up to Retail Store staff, filling in with store duties as required.
- Provide friendly, timely and helpful service to customers.
- Help others as required with packaging
- Monitor and maintain store merchandising, maintaining First-in-First-out (FIFO) rule with regard to cold room product and packaging materials
- Maintain a clean working and retail environment by carrying out duties such as, cleaning assigned section of Retail store weekly, cleaning glass and doors, dusting and removing garbage or recycling products according to the schedule.
- Help others as required with packaging.
- Complete production sheets for product needs, wrapping and production.
- Complete tracking sheets for items sold to assist in preparing guidelines for future purchasing.
- Knowledge of gift design and special events, both corporate and personal.
- Secondary school graduation.
- A flair for designing displays in the retail space and developing gifts, including new product offerings, also for corporate and personal events.
- Customer service focused.
- Professional manner with staff, customers, suppliers and others-an Ambassador of Rheo Thompson Candies
- Strong product knowledge needed to develop product offerings that consider cost, with balancing customer interest.
- Strong communication skills with a wide range of customers both verbally and in writing.
- Comfort with digital cash and credit operations.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet objectives and timelines.
- Willing to multi-task.
- Organized, detail oriented, adaptable, and ability to focus on the task at hand for completion.
- Ability to balance quality and efficiency in stocking product and creating production sheets, and lists for staff assignments
- Team player who follows guidelines and is willing to offer suggestions for improvements and efficiencies as well as to support other staff to achieve deadlines.
- Participating in staff training sessions and ensuring information is read and understood.
- WHMIS and Health and Safety trained.
- Ability to uphold corporate standards.
- At least 1 year of retail experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in retail design and merchandising is a decided asset.
- Ability to speak, read and/or write another language
- Fully fit to work, i.e., able to be present at work and on time barring unforeseen emergencies; no pre-existing injuries under active care; reliable transportation to get to work on time.
- Fully vaccinated (2 shots).
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs./13.6 kg as per Health and Safety Guidelines.
Visual and Concentration Effort
- Ability to focus on executing design elements.
- Willing to work outside regular operational hours as may be required.
- Retail hours include 8.45 – 5.30, 5 days/week including:
- Every other Saturday 11 months of the year, and every Saturday in December;
- 1 Sunday/month (11:00 am to 3:00 pm) from May to December.
- Busy season hours
- Mon-Fri 9:00 – 6:00
- Sat 9:00 – 5:30
- Sun 11:00 – 4:00
- You would still work 1 Sun/month and 2-3 nights/month
- There may also be overtime during peak periods.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $17.95 per hour, store discount and Health Savings Account
We look for candidates who:
- Are fully vaccinated.
- Are self-starters who look for things that need to get done and do them.
- Enjoy working with people; offer strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide customers with an excellent experience and quality products during every visit.
- Are active team players who support other Associates to meet deadlines and achieve the goals of RTC.
- Are organized and detail oriented; willing to follow tried and true guidelines while offering suggestions for improvements and efficiencies.
- Can multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Are comfortable working with machines in a safe manner.
- Are committed to maintaining a clean working environment and complying with quality control standards.
- Can complete appropriate documentation.
- Engage in ongoing staff training sessions to develop comprehensive product knowledge.
- Have the flexibility to work outside regular operational hours as may be required during rush periods.
- Are able to stand for long periods of time.
How To Join Our Team
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your preferred position in the subject line. You can also come into our store with your resume at 55 Albert Street, Stratford.
All applications will be acknowledged. A detailed Job Description will be provided for those candidates called in for interview.More about us